Mission Statement: The mission of Callanwolde’s Community Outreach Program is to bring visual and performing arts to disadvantaged and deserving communities in Metro Atlanta through ongoing workshops, classes, tours, and special events in our beautiful and historic facility.
Callanwolde’s Executive Director and Board of Directors began our formal Community Outreach Program in 2001, though we’ve had a partnership with Midway Elementary School since the mid-1980s. Our projects have enriched the lives of children and adults across Metro Atlanta. Callanwolde is committed to collaborating with schools and community organizations to promote the arts to underserved populations.
Callanwolde’s community outreach efforts are focused on the following areas:
- Low-Income Families: Callanwolde offers need-based scholarships and discounts to individuals, school groups, and community groups for arts workshops, tours, classes, and more.
- We also offer specially-designed group tours, workshops, classes, and special events for:
- Persons with Special Needs or Disabilities
- Senior Wellness
If you represent an organization that fits into one or more of our target areas, please contact us for information about bringing your group to Callanwolde!
Callanwolde’s current community partner organizations:
- Atlanta Children’s Shelter
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta/Egleston Hospital
- Intown Academy Charter School
- Laurel Heights Hospital
- Midway Elementary School
- Somali American Community Center
- Southern Order of Storytellers
- Starlight Children’s Foundation
- The Study Hall
- Youth Villages
What can you do to support Callanwolde’s Community Outreach Program?
- Volunteer your time: Assist with children’s groups visiting Callanwolde. Interaction with others enhances the creative process!
- Contribute in-kind gifts: Your gently-used art supplies and office supplies help us keep our outreach costs low!
- Offer financial support: Financial gifts of any amount are needed to help Callanwolde sustain our outreach services!
For more information about Callanwolde’s Community Outreach Program, please contact:
404-872-5338 ext. 238