Callanwolde School of Dance: Begin with Beauty
Our program’s aim is to instill in each student the joy of dance as an art form and to begin with beauty – the beauty of dance, of music, of rhythm, of bodies in movement, of the light shining through the trees, of the nature trail on our campus, of the architecture of our buildings, of the nature of art.
Beginning with our youngest dancers (ages 2 – 6) and continuing through high school and beyond, Callanwolde School of Dance offers classes for students who are focused on learning skills, having fun, and for those who are inclined, many performance opportunities.
Under the direction of Nicole Johnson and Jerylann Warner, along with an esteemed professional and varied faculty, the dance needs of your child will be met with attention to their desire, commitment, and dreams.
Our dance instructors are professional artists within their field and have a great deal of experience teaching, performing and as choreographers. Joining Nicole and Jerylann this year are: Corian Ellisor, Shawn Evangelista, Sean Hilton, Jillian Mitchell, Heather Moffitt, and Erin Rausch – all widely recognized as outstanding dancers who inspire and encourage their students.
Callanwolde’s dance program includes technical skills, improvisation and choreography, musical background, and performing experience. Callanwolde School of Dance offers the unique opportunity to perform at Callanwolde’s many exciting events, as well as opportunities for members of the Callanwolde Performance Group that are off-campus such as at festivals, and events at our many partner organizations. Along with Callanwolde’s School of Music and School of Visual Art, we offer all of our students the unparalleled opportunity to collaborate and create dynamic interdisciplinary art. We can’t wait to begin this journey with you!
Our dance program includes several new class offerings, including tap, variations, and new classes for teens and adults who are beginners. The support your dancer will receive is reflected in the newly developed curriculum.
- A choice of tracks or pursuits of study enabling your student to build towards a pre-professional status or engage your student with progressive levels in their favorite dance style!
- Select students /classes will be invited to perform at the MANY Callanwolde events as wells as guest appearances in metro Atlanta Festivals and events.
- A certification syllabus will be available to your students as they progress along with support in the following academic areas:
Governors Honors Program application process
College letters of recommendation
Audition preparation support
Opportunities to participate in master classes and workshops in the metro area.
Participation in ED PUZZLE, an online homework tool facilitated by Jerylann Warner, in which students view select videos allowing them to view and gain an understanding in trending styles and choreographers.
- An array of dance performance opportunities with EXCERPTS FROM THE NUTCRACKER and other HOLIDAY DANCES at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center December 11th.
- Yearly auditions for the modern /contemporary youth company “PRIME MOVERS” under the direction of Corian Ellisor and Jerylann Warner.
- An opportunity for teens who are newly interested to begin dancing for the first time – within their peer/age group – in entry level classes!
The exceptional campus of Callanwolde will host numerous opportunities for your students Dance Artistry to unfold in a community of loving friends and supportive teachers.
The overall breadth, scope and sweep of this program will enliven your dance student’s education with the best possible technical training within a holistic approach to their coming of age. Surrounded by the beauty of Callanwolde, you student will make memories and participate in activities that strike a conversation between dance and the other art forms. Unique to Callanwolde, we are eager to explore this interdisciplinary opportunity as we build this new program. A rich cross-cultural experience, dance-intensives summer camps, workshops, performances and special events are all within your child’s grasp!
For Questions or to Register by Phone: Please call Steve Cole, Registrar at 404-872-5338