Callanwolde Fine Arts Center offers classes for all ages in the literary, visual and performing arts.
Visual Arts: Drawing; Painting; Encaustic Painting; Cartooning; Jewelry & Metalsmithing; Dark Room Photography; Digital Photography; Pottery on the Wheel; Handbuilding; Landscape Design; Calligraphy; Weaving; Knitting; Sewing; Art Workshops.
Performing Arts: Ballet; Jazz; Modern Dance; Ballroom; West African Dance; Kindermusik® Classes; Yoga; Pilates; Tai Chi; Kung Fu. Private Music Lessons for All Ages, levels, and Instruments.
Literary Arts: Fiction Writing; Poetry Writing; Memoir Writing.
Arts Education Office Hours: Monday 9am-5pm, Tuesday-Thursday 11am-7pm, Friday 9am-5pm
Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that no student’s space will be held without full payment of all class fees. Registrations mailed in early will not be processed until the first day of registration. Registrations are accepted up to the first day of each class if space is available; however, we ask that you register one week before class begins to aid in planning decisions. Credit card payments are automatically deposited and cannot be used to hold a space until cash or check payments are delivered.
Please read our policies before you enroll.
Scholarships are available to children 5 years old and older and are awarded based on financial need and/or merit. Scholarships are awarded quarterly with the following deadlines. Late applications are not accepted.
Fall Quarter: July 1
Winter Quarter: November 1
Spring Quarter: February 1
Summer Quarter: April 1
Applicants will be contacted regarding their application status prior to the start of the quarter. All personal information, scholarship applications, awards and discussions are confidential. Click here for the Scholarship Application Form. Contact the Arts Education Director for more information at 404-872-5338.
Arts Education Department’s Core Values
- Quality Education: Focus on high quality, traditional, fine arts education that emphasizes a hands-on experience in a unique learning environment
- Creative & Fun Environment: Creative/Fun outlet for the pursuit of individual growth and fulfillment
- Community Driven: Provide flexible schedules, accessible and relevant classes, and affordable value to the customers
- Pursuit of Excellence: The finest teachers and staff that demonstrate a collaborative atmosphere with mutual respect and a commitment to Callanwolde
- Passionate about Communication: Open communication to our community, customers, and to one another